VM network going to sleep?

Nvious1

Explorer
I have a bhyve vm running alpine linux on TrueNas Core 12-U8. It is setup with 2vcpus, 6 gb ram and its running as a docker host. Recently, the VM seems to be going to sleep and the network connectivity stops working. If I go into TrueNas -> VMs and open the Serial session and hit enter, it shows me the prompt and then all the sudden everything comes back. I saw some really old posts but nothing seems to indicate the problem. Anyone know what to look for?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Well, if you would have gotten around to putting your build in your sig, I wouldn't have to guess, but I would start by looking at what network interface you have.

Nvious1

Explorer
My build is running on a SUPERMICRO X9DRi-LN4F 2x E5-2630 V2 8 Core 64GB RAM. I am using the second on-board eth interface only connected at 1gb. I did review the configuration and its currently setup with dhcp on the interface (with a reservation on the dhcp end). I ran a test last night were from another machine on the network I sent a ping stream to the VM host IP. Even with that it still die off and this morning I had to go to the serial terminal and wake it back up.

sretalla