VirtualBox Windows 8.1 64 Bit Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Brown

Explorer
I am trying to install windows 8.1 64 bit using the phpVirtualBox. I have created a jail lets call it "test". I was able to access the virtual box via http://jailip no issues. I am able to create a new virtual machine. I used 8 GB of RAM for this. I am also using 400GB for the disk size which is dynamically assigned. I was able to attach the virtual optical disk image .iso file no issues. When I start the VM it boots to the install screen as I can see in the preview window. When I go to console its just a white screen on my browser and I am unable to take control and proceed with the install.

What am I missing? Fairly new to both FreeNAS and VM's. I have had FreeNAS 9.10 installed since it was released.

My machine specs should be in my signature. If not I can provide if needed. I am running 32GB of ECC memory.

Steve Brown

Explorer
Yes is that too much? Also I figured it out. My chrome browser doesnt like the java applet so I just used TightVNC Viewer and did exactly what I wanted.

m0nkey_

MVP
You didn't post any details about your FreeNAS box, so it's hard to determine if 8GB RAM assigned to the VM was "too much".

Steve Brown

Explorer
Sorry its in my signature.

Motherboard: Supermicro X10SLH-F
CPU: Intel Xeon V3 1230
RAM: 32GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz
HDD: 7x - 2 TB WD REDs in RAIDZ2
SAS Expander: IBM M1015 (Flashed to 9211-8i P20)
NIC: Chelsio T520 Dual 10GB with TWINAX cables
Boot Drive: ADATA USA Premier SP550 (around 400 MB/s sequential write)

IceBoosteR

Guru
Hi,
try to update to 9.10-U4.
I had also issues with the first release of 9.10.
Please check that out.
Do you access your VM via browser terminal, or do you use VNC?

Steve Brown

Explorer
I am good now. I use VNC. The browser doesn't work.

IceBoosteR

Guru
So everything is fine? I have no experience with the browser, I use VNC :)
Thats nice ;)

FreeNASftw

Contributor
You need to configure the flash plugin security levels for the built in console viewer to work. I've done it before but it was pointless, just use VNC as you've already discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.