Using NUT with APC UPS C1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethgoldin

Dabbler
I know that FreeNAS uses NUT and not apcupsd, but I was wondering if anyone has had success with configuring a graceful shutdown for a APC UPD C1000. It's not in the NUT list of supported APC units, but given that it's the same manufacturer, perhaps it will work anyway?

Alternatively, is it safe to just add and rely on apcupsd on FreeNAS, or would it be a world of pain to not use NUT?

The specific UPS is this one: http://www.apc.com/products/resourc...sku=SMC1000-2U&page_type=print&tab=documentat

I'm OK with buying a highly supported UPS in the future, but I bought this one on Amazon without knowing about smart shutdowns, so I might just go without the feature for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Adding apcupsd is a non-starter. If you have to ask if it would be hard, you have virtually no chance of getting it to work. :P

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'd try the various APC drivers that NUT has. One of them should work.

newscasta

Cadet
Hi, did it end up working for you? I see Smart UPS 1000 in the compatibility list now, but don't know if it refers to SMC1000 or SMT1000. Thinking of getting one so it'd be great to know how it turned out for you. Thanks!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hi, did it end up working for you? I see Smart UPS 1000 in the compatibility list now, but don't know if it refers to SMC1000 or SMT1000. Thinking of getting one so it'd be great to know how it turned out for you. Thanks!
Should be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.