Used Space - Dont know where.

tmsfcs

Cadet
Hello

I just found Freenas 1 month ago, i'm a lot newbie, i'm trying to configure 2 servers ( HP Proliant 310) with some storage, one to be fileserver on a SMB and other to replication an a URbackup server and now i'm strugling with one problem with the storage.

NAS1 ( Fileserver)
POOL: NAS 1 ( 2.5TB )
DATASET: Fileserver ( 2.5TB)
Total Storage 3.4TB ( RAID5)

I just install it, create the pool, the dataset and i'm sharing it trough iSCI to a window server ( where i have the SMB shares). Everything was working fine and i had
I had 2TB free.

After that i creat a snapshot task to start the replication, a snapshot every 4 hours, with 2 days duration. I had a lot os spnas before correctly configure corretly the replication, but was no working well ( the other NAS was updating).

When it start work correctly is just deleted the snapshot that i dont need.

After that the system says i have at this pool/dataset 2.1TB used when i have around 200GB on the files on the filesever and figureout how i can now clear that space.

screen1.jpg

I just wondering where is my used space..

Sorry to be sooo newbie!!

melloa

Wizard
Hi,

Based on the little information here, I'd say you are using a hardware raid card. FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD and runs ZFS, wish requires direct access to the disks - please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm wrong and you are using a HBA in IT mode, please post the specs of your server, including the HBA.

tmsfcs

Cadet
Hello, i'm using a HP Proliant Ml310E with 4 Disck 1TB

It have a B120i Array Controler and i just desative array to the discs be expose ( in some posts have information that it is a branded intel chip and it will work fine).

Freenas install, i can see the discs and i can i creat the poll on freenas, normaly ( Raid5).

The filesystem was working for 2 weeks with no problems. Just after i start the snapashots i had this issue.

melloa

Wizard
It have a B120i Array Controler and i just desative array to the discs be expose ( in some posts have information that it is a branded intel chip and it will work fine).

Haven't seen it, so won't comment. On my HPs, I used LSI cards in IT mode.

After that the system says i have at this pool/dataset 2.1TB used when i have around 200GB on the files on the filesever and figureout how i can now clear that space.

Are your trying to delete the snapshots you see in the posted pic? If you are unable to do it from the GUI, you can try from the shell.

Code:
zfs list -t snapshot
will list all snaps.
Code:
zfs destroy <volume>/<dataset name>@<snapshot name>
will delete a specific snap.

tmsfcs

Cadet
Hello Melloa

1.The controler B120i are in AHCI mode since its a INTEL chip. It been working fine.

2.The screen are the normal snapshots that i want to keep, but 117GB x 6 will result in 1TB max usage, not 2.15TB.

3. I allready deleted several snapshots that had been created and the system stay with the same amout of used storage.

Suwarna

Dabbler
Hello Melloa

1.The controler B120i are in AHCI mode since its a INTEL chip. It been working fine.

2.The screen are the normal snapshots that i want to keep, but 117GB x 6 will result in 1TB max usage, not 2.15TB.

3. I allready deleted several snapshots that had been created and the system stay with the same amout of used storage.

Hi tmsfcs, i on my way to get myself ML310e gen 8 v2 for freeNAS. just wonder if your above problem solved ? appreciate your sharing. thanks.

Brgds,
Suwarna