<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Sounds like either your DNS/nameservers are not set correctly, or your gateway is not set correctly.

Drop to shell.

If you can ping 8.8.8.8, your gateway is working.

If you can type "drill google.com" and it resolves the IP address, your nameserver is working.

If either of those is not working, fix that in the network screen.

firemanz

Cadet
Sounds like either your DNS/nameservers are not set correctly, or your gateway is not set correctly.

Drop to shell.

If you can ping 8.8.8.8, your gateway is working.

If you can type "drill google.com" and it resolves the IP address, your nameserver is working.

If either of those is not working, fix that in the network screen.
how can I fix the gateway that's what is broken

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Go into the "NETWORK" part of the user interface, then "GLOBAL CONFIGURATION", and look for "IPv4 Default Gateway". The IP address in there should be the IP address of your router. If you don't know what the IP address of your router is, you can google "how do I find out what my router's IP address is" for your appropriate operating system (Windows? whatever).

If *THAT* still does not work, please let us see the output of "ifconfig" in your FreeNAS shell, post it here.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Of course, all of this assumes you have a standard/normal network situation. If you have someone screwing around with your network or doing something advanced, all bets are off.

firemanz

Cadet
thank you i think its fixed
1544995161473.png

firemanz

Cadet
do you
Of course, all of this assumes you have a standard/normal network situation. If you have someone screwing around with your network or doing something advanced, all bets are off.
New #6
thank you i think its fixed
index.php

do you know how to fix this
1544995525901.png

Status
Not open for further replies.