ups service - ups network management card connection issue

ieronymous

Dabbler
Hi

Since it's been a few days that I m trying to figure out the connection of the title and as it seems I can't, thought to drop by and ask for some help.

What I am trying to achieve is.... I have a

-ups PowerWalker 3kva ICR upon which there is a network management card (supported SNMP v1 v2 v3 - currently selected v3) as the server running Proxmox as ------server running Proxmox configured with 5 VMs

-Truenas installed on a physical server machine (no usb or RS232 connected directrly to the UPS neither I want to do that kind of connection - else buying an NMC card for UPS would be a waste of money).

All the above are connected to the same network. What I am trying to achieve is when several conditions of the ups configuration are met, VMs , Proxmox and Truenas to shutdown at a specific order. Already managed Vms and Proxmox and stuck at Truenas side. What I have done up until now is:

-Configured at services UPS mode as Slave (that helped skip the need to specify a driver, since there wasn t any specific for the powerwalker with snmp and coudln t find a generic one to use, in order for the below option Remote port to specify the ups ip address)

-Remote Host Since I can t skip this option set it as the ip address of my UPS

-Remote port. Set it as both the default 3493 and 161-port that I found on my configuration page of the ups used for SNMP

-Port or Hostname Set the ip address of the NMC card of my UPS

-Before creating a user on my UPS, I tried first to use the one that I m curernty logging in. Problem was that the username was also root (and can t be changed only I have the ability for password change) and probably there was a conflict maybe for Truenas to understand if I meant the root it is using or the one configured at the Monitor user option .
So I created a user named upsuser on my UPS page, under SNMPv3 USM Table, filling the same Authentication and Private password in order to check if that was the issue (see pic below)

snmp usm table.jpg

At the same time, I configured that user (upsuser) at Monitor User and Monitor Password options of the ups service page.

-Along with that user created on my UPS side, I added the nut user to the ladvd group as advised by some people in some posts.

I always stopped and re-started the service again by sliding the cursor left- right with each change.
All above actions made from GUI.

Below is the message that I am getting, running on Shell systemctl status nut-monitor
truenas_mon1.jpg

Am I supposed to create the upsuser on Turenas as well or just use his credentials inside the ups service options ? If yes with what credentials?
Any thoughts of something that I ve missed or didn t configure / check?

Thank you in advance