UPS Notification Email - mangled html

Dave Grabowski

Dabbler
Currently running 11.3-U2 on a system that has a USB-attached UPS. Works exactly as expected. It sends email notifications when UPS-things happen.

The email notifications received are mangled with html code that is not formatted properly for gmail (or other mail interfaces that I've tried) to display correctly. Specifically, instead of linebreaks and a legible message, it just comes as an unbroken line of characters with a bunch of <br>s in place of linebreaks.

i.e., this is the entire message that appears in my mail client:

NOTIFICATION: 'ONLINE'<br>UPS: 'ups'<br><br>Statistics recovered:<br><br>1) Battery charge (percent)<br> battery.charge: 100<br><br>2) Battery level remaining (percent) when UPS switches to Low Battery (LB)<br> battery.charge.low: 10<br><br>3) Battery runtime (seconds)<br> battery.runtime: 3240<br><br>4) Battery runtime remaining (seconds) when UPS switches to Low Battery (LB)<br> battery.runtime.low: 120<br><br>

It's notable that all other email notifications I receive seem to work fine (SMART alerts, scrubs, replication failures, etc etc etc).

I see that this email is generated in middlewared/plugins/ups.py... and there's the <br>s.

Is this even a bug?