Upgraded to 11.2-Stable, rebooted and hang on ZFS Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Dill

Contributor
After letting it sit on ZFS Import for 9 hours, I rebooted and rolled back to 11.1 boot environment. It hung on same spot- so it's not the OS it's something with the import.

24 hours prior to the reboot and hang, I deleted probably 15 TV series from SickRage. Probably a lot of files.

Right now it's been sitting for 5 hours at the same spot.

Do I just wait? How can I see if deletes are holding it up or something else?

20180829_200527-1571x922.jpg

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I deleted probably 15 TV series from SickRage. Probably a lot of files.
There's your problem. You'll have to wait until the deletion is done before the pool will finish importing.

Chris Dill

Contributor
There's your problem. You'll have to wait until the deletion is done before the pool will finish importing.

Ok. Any clue how long it will take? RaidZ2 on a fast server. Trouble is I made that deletion 24 hours prior to this issue. I cannot imagine it would take over 24 hours to delete a few series.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Depends on how much data, how small the blocks are and how fragmented the pool is. And how far along it is...

Chris Dill

Contributor
Oof.

It's in the middle of 3 or so TB disks, some shows have been there years, some are middle, some new. I imagine the data sets are small, I download SD and mostly only the last few seasons- we're not talking about 10 full seasons or anything. But I assume it is very fragmented.

I mean... Days? Weeks? Months!? At what point can I say ok, something else is wrong?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
A few more hours at most, I'd hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.