Upgraded boot pool to SSD mirror - should I move system dataset there?

Pheran

Patron
Up until now I've been booting off of a pair of USB sticks, but since they are no longer recommended (and I had a stick failure) I just upgraded my boot pool to a mirrored pair of 250GB SATA SSDs. This is all working fine, but I'm wondering if the SSD boot pool is now a better location for the system dataset, which currently lives on my 8-disk RAIDZ2 pool (spinning drives)?

Up until now I've been booting off of a pair of USB sticks, but since they are no longer recommended (and I had a stick failure) I just upgraded my boot pool to a mirrored pair of 250GB SATA SSDs. This is all working fine, but I'm wondering if the SSD boot pool is now a better location for the system dataset, which currently lives on my 8-disk RAIDZ2 pool (spinning drives)?
I moved mine to a mirrored SSD boot-pool. This spares the spinning drives from the constant writes. I noticed my system runs much quieter now, since the System Dataset constantly writing to the SSDs is silent (rather than hearing a regular "click" on my spinning drives when they previously housed the System Dataset.)

Modern SSDs should have no problem with log files and the sort, and with 250GB, that's a lot of space to spread out the writes to keep the cells healthy for the longterm.