Upgrade from 9.3 to 11.1 - constant reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

psuresh

Cadet
I have been using FreeNAS for couple of years without any issues on 9.3. Now I am trying to upgrade my server from 9.3 to 11. But it is rebooting and after completely started . It reboots automatically after couple of minutes. It is happening after seeing the started prompt waiting for my key pressed input. Any help in troubleshooting this is appreciated.

Attachments

• debug-Universe-20180121211022..tgz
    1 MB · Views: 227

devnullius

Patron
D

dlavigne

Are you able to do a fresh install of U1 on a different USB stick? There were some Ryzen fixes in that update. If that boots, you can then try restoring your config.

devnullius

Patron
I found a solution for me... See my link? Chances are slim it will wok for you though :/

psuresh

Cadet
Are you able to do a fresh install of U1 on a different USB stick? There were some Ryzen fixes in that update. If that boots, you can then try restoring your config.
Let me try with a fresh installation . Thanks

psuresh

Cadet
Let me try with a fresh installation . Thanks
No luck.. Still the same error. Fully installed. Booting up and seeing the prompt. After couple of minutes rebooting automatically. I am unable to save debug. It is getting restarted before saving debug file

Goodbyte

Cadet
I noticed that my freenas-11.1 reboots when I started a jail that was created with freenas-9.3. Fortunately for me they are not in autostart mode so now I'm recreating them with new templates. So you could try disabling your jails.

Status
Not open for further replies.