Upgrade from 0.7 Khasadar (revision 4919) to 8.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschappa

Cadet
I have a FreeNas box I built in 2009 with 3 HDD, 80gig (OS), 500gig(data), & 500gig(data).
I was thing of removing (disconnecting) all HDD, adding a brand new drive to load the latest 8.0.3.
Once it is setup, plug in by data drives, load by backup config.

Would I have to remount the data drives?
Would all the data still be there?

Thank you,
Craig

ProtoSD

MVP
Craig,

You should probably take a look at the documentation a little more before you try anything, upgrading from .7 to 8 is not officially supported. I never used .7 so I can't really help, but there are also some posts here with people having trouble trying to upgrade from .7. You should also post how you have your disks formatted, UFS or ZFS?

Also FreeNAS 8 is meant to be installed to a USB flash drive, you'll be wasting a hard drive if you're hoping to add a bunch of stuff in the free space or adding any packages.

Sorry, your questions just indicate you should do a little more research before you begin.

cschappa

Cadet
They are formatted UFS.

Installing on a USB drive would be good.

I will do a little more digging in the forums.

I wonder if I upgraded to something post .7, then 8.0.3?

Thank you for your response,
Craig

snickasaurus

Dabbler
Hope this helps!

They are formatted UFS.

As long as they are single drives and not in any sort of software RAID configuration you SHOULD be able to import them.

I wonder if I upgraded to something post .7, then 8.0.3?

There isn't much after .7 as it sort of jumps directly to 8. I think there are nightly releases but they revamped almost the entire system in 8.
Please see my post to another user linked below and I hope this helps you out!

Clicky!

Status
Not open for further replies.