Update servers down? (update-master.ixsystems.com)

Hello,

I'm running 11.2-U8 and trying to update to 11.3 by changing Trains via the Web GUI. I'm getting red text that says "Manifest could not be found!: Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings."

I dug into the CLI and tried invoking an update using the freenas-update utility to get some more verbose output. This revealed that I'm getting connection timeouts to update-master.ixsystems.com

I've searched around and found that this is usually down to DNS or default gateways not being properly set up in the network config - I've checked these and they're all set correctly. I can resolve the hostname on the FreeNAS box, but it's not responding to pings. Decided to try pinging and curling from my laptop on the same network, but the host is also unreachable there.

Finally, to eliminate my network and routing as the issue, I've tried the same using a 4G mobile connection and it's still unreachable. I'm thinking the service is down or there's been some URL/hostname change that hasn't made it to my device?

I'm now attempting to update using the 'manual' option in the Web GUI, but it doesn't like the file I downloaded (FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2-manual-update.tar), presumably because it doesn't have "manual-update-unsigned" in the name (as the tooltip suggests).

I figured I could just change the file name, but that seems a little hacky and makes me nervous - what should I do here?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks!

(System is a Dell PowerEdge T130, FreeNAS 11.2-U8)

Fredda

Guru
I think there is currently a problem with the update-master.ixsystems.com server. I also can't reach it.
I would simply wait till tomorrow. I'm pretty confident it will be fixed by then.