Update not working

glossjorge

Dabbler
Hey guys,

I have a FreeNAS 11.3 box up and running, I want to update it to 11.3-U1, but even though everything shows working fine, after update finishes and the system restarts, it still says it's 11.3-RELEASE, I tried from GUI and using freenas-update via ssh with the same result.

Any idea what can be happening here if it doesn't say anything went wrong.

Thanks

pschatz100

Guru
Clear the cache on your browser, or enter CTRL-F5 to force a reload of the page. You might be seeing old information.

glossjorge

Dabbler
I found the problem, the machine where FreeNAS is installed has 2 main disks (ada0 and ada1), for some reason when update is performed it updates ada0, not ada1 which is the one with the system in it.

Is there a way to configure FreeNAS to use ada0 just for booting (/boot), and ada1 for everything else?

We cannot use ada1 alone because it's a PCIe SSD and the motherboard won't boot using a PCIe device and we cannot have the system in ada0 because it doesn't have enough space.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you.

pschatz100

Guru
Since you haven't given any indication of your system specs, nobody is going to trouble shoot your problem. Most likely, your system doesn't meet the minimum specs for FreeNAS.