unRar PBI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentStan

Cadet
Hi,

Sorry for the noob question but Im really new to this linux stuff. Ive installed freenas-8.2.0-Release-p1 on my HP N36L, and now I need unrar on there, but I dont know how. Ive attempted to use "pkg_add -v -r unrar", however once the file is fetched from the ftp, it reports the following error:

extract: Package name is unrar-4.00.b4,5
extract: CWD to /usr/local
extract: /usr/local/bin/unrar
extract: /usr/local/share/doc/unrar/license.txt
extract: /usr/local/share/doc/unrar/readme.txt
bin/unrar: Could not unlink
share/doc/unrar/license.txt: Failed to create dir 'share/doc'Can't create 'share/doc/unrar/license.txt'
share/doc/unrar/readme.txt: Failed to create dir 'share/doc'Can't create 'share/doc/unrar/readme.txt'
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
pkg_add: leave_playpen: can't chdir back to ''

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be looking for a pbi instead?

Thanks for your time!
SilentStan

toddos

Contributor
It sounds like you're not in your plugin jail when you do that? You need to run "jls", get the JID of your jail, and then "jexec JID csh" where "JID" is the number you found from JLS. Then you can pkg_add.

I'm not sure a PBI for unrar would make sense. PBIs are for plugins, and plugins have certain expected functionality -- they can be started and stopped, they may have some configuration exposed in the UI, etc. Unrar is simply a tool, there's no "starting" or "stopping" it. Some PBIs may contain unrar, but unrar by itself wouldn't need a PBI.

If you don't have a plugin jail set up, read the docs and do that. You shouldn't (and can't, without significant work-around steps) try to install software on the base FreeNAS installation. The plugin jail gives you a workspace where you can do that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.