SOLVED Unknown tasks running after migrating to new nas

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotLits

Dabbler
I recently built a new server to replace an older NAS I had. During the setup of the new server, I had renamed the new pool from Volume1 to tank but had used the settings file from the old nas to configure it.

This meant there were quite a few places I had to replace Volume1 with tank (such as where the jails were located, etc). I went through all the settings, replacing Volume1 with tank. Everything seems to be working except the Tasks.

I have a script that runs hourly for updating a domain name's IP. For some reason, even though none of the Tasks in the freenas GUI reference Volume1, I am receiving hourly emails that look like the following:

Code:
Subject: Cron <<user>@freenas> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" /mnt/Volume1/<path_to_script>/update_dns.sh -s -u > /dev/null
Body: /mnt/Volume1/<path_to_script>/update_dns.sh: not found

I can't find any location where the scripts are actually defined in the GUI. Deleting the tasks in the GUI that had the script path of the new tank volume didn't seem to work. I thought maybe the jobs would be listed under crontab as well but it doesn't look like that's true.

Any help would be great.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Maybe crontab was not regenerated after you deleted it.

I assume you're running 9.X?

The only thing it could be is in Tasks -> Crontab. Try running "service ix-cron start" and checking /etc/crontab afterwards.

LotLits

Dabbler
Ah, after looking into it, it looks like there was a cronjob in a jail that was running the same script (must have been from some previous testing and I was misunderstanding where the email was coming from. I should have deleted that jail a while ago anyway. Whoops...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.