Unable to see new disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillyfrog

Cadet
Hello,

I have used FreeNAS a little, and it mostly works just fine, but I have recently installed on a new server and having some odd issues.

I can't access new drives in the FreeNAS UI, looking around on the internet I found the "camcontrol devlist" command, and that's showing the disks:
Code:
# camcontrol devlist
<IBM-ESXS HUC101812CS420 X J5H2>   at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (pass0)
<IBM-ESXS HUC101812CS420 X J5H2>   at scbus0 target 2 lun 0 (pass1)
<HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUB0N LP00>       at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass2,cd0)
<SanDisk Cruzer Fit 1.27>          at scbus3 target 0 lun 0 (pass3,da0)

The disks are the first 2 here (the IBM ones), extra odd this is that they don't have a device associated with them (which I suspect is the problem), such as "da1". This is still the same after a reboot.

Is there something else I need to do to see these disks? They are brand new out of the box and just inserted so shouldn't be partitioned. I have created arrays etc before in FreeNAS and added disks and it "just worked".

I'm currently using FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511280648.

Cheers.

sillyfrog

Cadet
Sorry for the delay, got tied up with a few things and only just getting back to this. Embarrassingly the problem is just the adapter is not a HBA, and it needs each disk to be configured. The previous one we had (same model number, but obviously slightly different) would present the disks as JBOD's by default. I thought that given the OS could sort of see the disks it was an software issue.

Thanks for getting back to me, its all sorted now.

Cheers.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Sorry for the delay, got tied up with a few things and only just getting back to this. Embarrassingly the problem is just the adapter is not a HBA, and it needs each disk to be configured. The previous one we had (same model number, but obviously slightly different) would present the disks as JBOD's by default. I thought that given the OS could sort of see the disks it was an software issue.

Thanks for getting back to me, its all sorted now.

Cheers.
If each disk needs to be configured as a raid 0, run away from that controller now. Get a proper HBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.