Unable to replace disk for ZFS Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyLittlePWNie5

Dabbler
You're right, it did have a gptid, and it was a long name. Is there away to rename disks without causing problems? How does it name itself without my consent?

paleoN

Wizard

bollar

Patron
You're right, it did have a gptid, and it was a long name. Is there away to rename disks without causing problems? How does it name itself without my consent?

Glad you got the drive reattached!

Here's some more info on renaming drives. In short, don't try to change the names: Thread: Disable gpt/gptid labels

MyLittlePWNie5

Dabbler
It's not a gptid. It's the ZFS ID, hardware/path agnostic, for that device.

Ahh ok. That makes some sense. I remember reading that it doesn't go by ada0/ada1/etc anymore because FreeNAS names it that way based on which drives it detects first. How did it assign the ZFS IDs? Does it auto-generate a random ID/number, or was it done somewhere and asked me without me knowing?

Glad you got the drive reattached!

Here's some more info on renaming drives. In short, don't try to change the names: Thread: Disable gpt/gptid labels

Thanks! I appreciate all the help, and I'll give it a read.

STRAMIGIOLIS

Dabbler
I am having exactly the same problem and no matter what I try I cannot get the normal state again even if the drive which was detached (and in mirror with a one which was connected) where empty. This mirror is part of a volume with 2 other mirror drives where I had data on. Any help would be really greatly appreciated. ThanX

Status
Not open for further replies.