Unable to find catalogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWulf

Cadet
I've been trying to set up miniDLNA per these instructions
I set up the standard jail with no issue but when I try to install the package(s) I get this error

pkg: package field incomplete: comment
Incremental update completed, 24927 packages processed:
0 packages updated, 0 removed and 24927 added.
pkg: Unable to find catalogs

I get the same when I run the pkg update or any other pkg install or search commands, which creates a certain issue with fixing the problem. Most seem to end with a make or pkg2ng. I'm guessing that means there is a problem with my pkg files or my jail entirely. I'm new to freebsd(though not new to linux) so I have no idea what to do here, thanks for any help

out put from pkg -vv
root@MiniDLNA:~ # pkg -vv
Version : 1.2.7_2
PACKAGESITE :
PKG_DBDIR : /var/db/pkg
PKG_CACHEDIR : /var/cache/pkg
PORTSDIR : /usr/ports
PUBKEY :
HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS : no
ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES : no
REPOS_DIR : [
/etc/pkg/,
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/,
]
PLIST_KEYWORDS_DIR :
SYSLOG : yes
AUTODEPS : yes
ABI : freebsd:9:x86:32
DEVELOPER_MODE : no
PORTAUDIT_SITE : http://portaudit.FreeBSD.org/auditfile.tbz
VULNXML_SITE : http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/vuln.xml.bz2
MIRROR_TYPE : SRV
FETCH_RETRY : 3
PKG_PLUGINS_DIR : /usr/local/lib/pkg/
PKG_ENABLE_PLUGINS : yes
PLUGINS : [
]
DEBUG_SCRIPTS : no
PLUGINS_CONF_DIR : /usr/local/etc/pkg/
PERMISSIVE : no
REPO_AUTOUPDATE : yes
NAMESERVER :
EVENT_PIPE :
FETCH_TIMEOUT : 30
UNSET_TIMESTAMP : no
SSH_RESTRICT_DIR :
PKG_SSH_ARGS :
PKG_ENV : {
}
DISABLE_MTREE : no
DEBUG_LEVEL : 0
ALIAS : {
}

Repositories:
FreeBSD: {
url : "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:9:x86:32/latest",
enabled : yes,
mirror_type : "SRV",
signature_type : "FINGERPRINTS",
fingerprints : "/usr/share/keys/pkg"
}

melloa

Wizard
Was running on the same issue here. Checked my /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf and the jail had the right url. Changed my jail from DHCP to a SIP (Saw someone mentioned his DNS was messed up) and was able to rum pkg update. Maybe you want to try setting your jail to SIP and try ...

RedWulf

Cadet
Was running on the same issue here. Checked my /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf and the jail had the right url. Changed my jail from DHCP to a SIP (Saw someone mentioned his DNS was messed up) and was able to rum pkg update. Maybe you want to try setting your jail to SIP and try ...
No help, I tried static and dhcp but neither worked even after restarts. I can ping various sites and it downloads the catalogue updates as well as wget from freenas, so I it seems the network side is working.

melloa

Wizard
Sorry to say that I don't know how to help. I couldn't find out what was causing my DHCP not to work with FN after the upgrade - maybe the Gurus from the forum can provide some ideas.

I went as far as deleted all jails (had to spend the entire day re-creating them in VBox to keep things running), removed the jails dataset, created a jail to test and no IP.

After manually assigning the IP to the jail, was able to pkg update to test and it did work ...

Status
Not open for further replies.