Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Unable to create an SMB share (with no auth)

amlamarra

So I've had this SMB share for a while. However, after the latest update (freenas-11.2-stable) I've been unable to connect to my SMB share. After some troubleshooting, I tried deleting it & recreating it. But when I save it with mostly default options (I check to allow guest access), I get an error (see attachment). "Select a valid choice. zfs_space is not one of the available choices." I unselected that, but would get the error for each option. I uncheck the 3 VFS objects, then I'm able to save, but I can't connect to it. Any ideas?

Attachments

Last edited:

amlamarra

Also, when I click on the dropdown for "Periodic snapshot task", nothing happens. It doesn't show anything in the dropdown even though I do have a Periodic Snapshot Task setup.

If it helps, here's my smb4.conf file.

BTW, I just created the share again with no VFS Objects selected and I'm able to connect to it now. Not sure why it wasn't working before... Anyone know why I can't select a snapshot task?

Attachments

Last edited:

amlamarra

Yes & no. I'm still not able to select a task when creating the share. However, after I save it & go back to edit, then I see a snapshot task selected. The only one I have available. And it looks like the drop-down is working.

I tried this on both Firefox & chrome.

Reewer

Hi, I have exactly same problem :( after installation everything works perfectly and after few day, when I want to change something in Samba Share section in web GUI, FreeNAS wants to uncheck all three default options in VFS objects

Julien.guay

Neophyte
I have the same thing happening since 11.3 u2 clean new pool, new Dataset no folder or anything but the moment I try creating a share in stuck with the operation not working
1595272513187.png

does this for all VFS OBJECT