Unable to access Web UI FreeNAS 11.2 after IP Address change - previously working fine.

shauncave

Cadet
Hello,

I have a FreeNAS mini XL system which I purchased from iX systems just over around 18 months ago, all original hardware still no change. Everything has been working great, until recently, when I changed the IP Address on it. Since then have not been able to connect and log in to the system at all. I can ping it, replies with no packet loss. Attempting to connect via browser results with an error message “This site cannot be reached, refused to connect”. SSH connection attempts also unsuccessful. Have tried using chrome and safari browsers using a Mac and chrome browser from a windows PC.

I have placed a monitor on the system, removed and re-added network interfaces, tried static and DHCP addresses, numerous system restarts, all resulting with being able to ping the system with no packet loss, however unable to connect to the web user interface on the IP Address indicated.

From the shell I have tried:
service django restart
service nginx restart

I’m running out of ideas and further suggestions I have found involve editing files which I am reluctant to do without first seeking advice from this forum.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

shauncave

Cadet
I'm sorted now.

After reading through /usr/local/etc/nginx/nginx-conf I noticed there was no HTTPS section. Tried HTTP to the current address and it worked! There was no longer a certificate for some reason. Upgraded to 11.3 and I have a certificate and am using HTTPS again.