Unable to access CIFS shares using LDAP authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to set up a FreeNAS 9.1.1 server with CIFS shares with LDAP authentication.
I've set up an OpenLDAP server, populated it with smbldap-populate, added a user account for myself and configured the LDAP client on the FreeNAS to utilize the directory. It seems to me like FreeNAS can retrieve the users and groups fine, as the getent passwd and getent group output lists the entities that I've set up on my OpenLDAP server.
So far so good. I've now created a new ZFS volume and set it up to be owned by my LDAP user account and the Domain Admins group.
When I now try to use the share, by issuing net use \\freenas\zfs0-share on my Windows command line, I get the following result:
System error 59 has occured. An unexpected network error occurred.
In my FreeNAS console, I get the following output:
freenas smbd: auth/check_samsec.c:491(check_sam_security) check_sam_security: make_server_info_sam() failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
What does this error indicate and how can I resolve it? I also get the same error when trying to connect to the share using smbclient from a Linux client.
I can log into the FreeNAS system through SSH with the credentials defined in the OpenLDAP directory, so I assume the setup isn't all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.