SOLVED UI gets stuck at various actions ("Starting job")

Henry78

Dabbler
This is weird, I'm thinking hard if this could be a local problem, and not a bug, but I didn't find anything. Problem: When I want to upgrade or to create a jail, the UI seems to get "stuck". It just does not continue anymore.

It tried these on different browsers, with extensions disabled. Dev Tools did not show anything suspicious. Same for /var/log/messages and middleware.log. I'm happy to provide them. Both scenarios worked well until recently(?).

(A) Update
After I confirm and hit "Apply Update" in the update process, a popup called "Update" with the text "Starting job..." appears and nothing happens anymore. Screenshot:
1659477067998.png

(B) Jail creation
When I create a jail, after I enter the jails details and hit Submit, somthing similar happens. This time the popup is calles "Creating Jail" and reads "Creating Jail...". Again, this sits there forever. Screenshot:
1659477345704.png

Any help to solve this, is very appreciated!

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Both require downloading from outside your network. Do you have a DNS issue? Check Network->Network Summary.

Henry78

Dabbler
That sounds reasonable.
But I can't find DNS issues, neither on client (browser side), nor at the TrueNAS box.
I'm able to lookup addresses and IPs on
- WAN (google.at, 8.8.8.8, truenas.com)
- LAN (10.0.0.1, freenas)
- and local (localhost, 127.0.0.1)

What else can I do to test for a DNS issue?

1659518948356.png

I tried iocage fetch from commandline, which works fine.

Last edited:

Henry78

Dabbler
I desperately tried to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8, but problem persisted.

Another thing that does not work is downloading the configuration during System Update process. This fails with:
1659553329845.png

Last edited: