SOLVED Ubuntu Server 20.4.1 VM

Cook1e_mr

Dabbler
Hi All

I am struggling to install Ubuntu server on FreeNAS-11.3-U4.1 , to be more precise I think the NIC isn't being passed through. Does anyone have a guide on this.

What I am seeing is a blank config file etc/network/interfaces.

when running apt-get update i am seeing packages not resolving

ubuntu.PNG

if I try and ping google Its non responsive

ping.PNG

This is how I have the NIC set

network.PNG

any advice will be greatly appreciated. This is my first ubuntu VM, so I'm probably making a very simple mistake

Thanks

Attachments

• network.PNG
    network.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 196

Cook1e_mr

Dabbler
I should also advice that I am unable to view ifconfig as the server tells me it's not installed but the required apt-get wont resolve.

I have added this as I'm sure that someone may ask what's in the ifconfig

Cook1e_mr

Dabbler
Hi All

I worked out what my issue was, i will share in the hope that it helps others. The issue I had was with the install, I could not eject the install media in bhyve. To get around this, I was removing the CD-ROM under devices. This was inadvertently reordering my devices and changing the NIC mapping within ubuntu.

I solved this by adding the VM within the dashboard and before booting the installation media, reordering my devices so that the CD-ROM was the last device.

Therefore when I removed the CD-ROM device before restart after installation. The other devices stayed in the original positions.