Two NICs for different shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

riba

Cadet
Hello everyone! I am new with Freenas and it's really great. I searched forum but I didn't find something similar to my problem. Every post with multiple NIC is about LACP. Also sorry about my poor English:)

I need to configure 2 NICS with different share permissions;

NIC1 ip 192.168.1.201 for our local network 192.168.1.0/24 - everyone from this network can access all CIFS shares \\freenas and webui. This is working fine.

NIC2 ip 192.168.2.201 for 1 specific CIFS share \\freenas\backup - only 1 Windows box with ip 192.168.2.200 is allowed to connect to our freenas and should only see \\freenas\backup to which will connect every night and copy all content from it to their server. And I prefer if webui is not accessible on this NIC.

If anyone can help a little or just give some guideline it would be great! Thank you!

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
  • [Storage] - [Sharing] - [Windows (CIFS)]
  • Select desired Share; Click [Edit]; then [Advanced Mode]
  • Under "Hosts Allow"; Set the IP to: 192.168.2.200/24
  • Also UnCheck "Allow Guest Access"
  • Save
Think that should do it for you.

But in all honesty, if you really want traffic to be separated, I would suggest setting the NICs up on different Subnets to make sure only traffic for backups is isolated to a desired NIC.

riba

Cadet
  • [Storage] - [Sharing] - [Windows (CIFS)]
  • Select desired Share; Click [Edit]; then [Advanced Mode]
  • Under "Hosts Allow"; Set the IP to: 192.168.2.200/24
  • Also UnCheck "Allow Guest Access"
  • Save
Think that should do it for you.

But in all honesty, if you really want traffic to be separated, I would suggest setting the NICs up on different Subnets to make sure only traffic for backups is isolated to a desired NIC.

Thank you for your answer! I will try this. I can't change backup Subnet because it's not ours. Cable to this NIC comes from different datacenter (from our backup probider).

Status
Not open for further replies.