Two drives different size mirror and use leftover space

dankoh

Dabbler
Hi!

I have 500GB & 1TB. Can I make a pool 500GB mirrored and use 500GB like a separate pool?
If I create pool normaly, putting ada1 & ada2 in vdev in mirror I can't use 500GB leftover.

ADD VDEV- Data option is grayed out.

Can it be done?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Can it be done?
Not with the GUI.

You would also be playing in unsupported territory in terms of what may happen later if you change something about the smaller drive and autoexpand wants to do something to the larger one.

Anyway, you might be able to find some hints for how to do what you want here (it's not an exact metch for your request, so you'll have to do some research and thinking, but the commands in step 10 should help to give you some ideas of what to look up):

dankoh

Dabbler
Not with the GUI.

You would also be playing in unsupported territory in terms of what may happen later if you change something about the smaller drive and autoexpand wants to do something to the larger one.

Anyway, you might be able to find some hints for how to do what you want here (it's not an exact metch for your request, so you'll have to do some research and thinking, but the commands in step 10 should help to give you some ideas of what to look up):

Understand, Thank you.

NugentS

MVP