Turn off CPU Temperature Logging

troybs1d

Dabbler
I've been using FreeNAS in one instances for several years now (since early versions of 9.x), I decided to upgrade to 11.2 a few months ago after seeing the sleek new interface(s) and additional logging for disk temperature. The install is running on a pretty tried & tested setup in ESXi using a Supermicro X8D motherboard with 2x X5670s + 24GB DDR3 ECC (allocated for FreeNAS VM) + LSI 9211/IBM M1015/Dell H200 HBA without any hiccups for many years.

When I upgraded to 11.2 I was happy I didn't have to run my manual script for querying disk temperatures but I also noticed it was "trying" to log the CPU temperature. I read in a forum post going back a few months about someone in a very similar setup where they wanted to disable CPU temperature logging & that in 11.3 there would be more customization of the logging data. That thread hasn't been updated in several months and after upgrading to 11.3 a week or so ago I still can't find in the UI where I could disable this one logging metric.

Am I missing something or is the ability to disable/enable specific logging metrics not available in 11.3 (yet)?

troybs1d

Dabbler
Bump... Anyone any thoughts on how to deactivate CPU Temperature reporting?