SOLVED TrueNAS web GUI keeps losing connection

Alex762

Dabbler
Hi all. I'm making this post because I'm having a small issue which I don't understand. I put myself ahead that I'm no expert and I use TrueNAS just as a personal storage and nothing more.

Anyway, yesterday I noticed I couldn't connect to my TrueNAS via web GUI, giving me a "Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network" (all files were easily accessible through my devices).

I've been searching online and as solution I've found that running service middlewared restart solved the issue, or at least I thought it would do. This morning I had the same issue, re-run the command, everything came back to work, and now after a couple of hours I still had this issue...

I checked the error and all I see which I can understand is that the issue is due to a python 3.9/client.py file.

What should I do to solve this issue once for all? I am currently running TrueNAS CORE 13.0-U1.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Update to the latest release first, and see if the problem persists.

Alex762

Dabbler
Update to the latest release first, and see if the problem persists.
I get this error if I try to manually check for updates...
1690465276923.png

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Then please check your system network settings ... :smile:

Post a screenshot of Network > Summary if you need assistance.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Static IP address in the interface settings and no default gateway and/or DNS server in the global settings. Wrong default gateway and/or DNS server. If all is set to DHCP then reboot and see if that fixes things. If DHCP is used and reboot doesn't fix it, check your router ...

Alex762

Dabbler
Static IP address in the interface settings and no default gateway and/or DNS server in the global settings. Wrong default gateway and/or DNS server. If all is set to DHCP then reboot and see if that fixes things. If DHCP is used and reboot doesn't fix it, check your router ...
Oh yeap, for some reason the DNS and default gateway were missing... Weird... I will try to run an update and let's hope it will fix everything

Alex762

Dabbler
Little follow-up: I updated the system and so far the problem didn't show up anymore.

Thank you!

yusisushi

Dabbler
Hi, I came across this post as well as other older posts. I have the same issue where the server shows
"Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network."

I already updated to the latest version,
Code:
cat /etc/os-release
VERSION="13.1-RELEASE-p7

1691265834833.png

The gateway and DNS server is set correctly, everything seems to work except from the webinterface. I tried different browsers and devices to connect.

A reboot from cli reverts the webinterface back to working for a bit, after 15minutes or so I get the same error while connecting.

Last edited: