TrueNAS SCALE reporting to graphite: change port

Herman Eggink

Explorer
Any way I can change the port number for the graphite reporting? When I migrated from CORE to SCALE (which was a breeze :smile:), I switched from plugin to docker. Docker does not allow ports under 9000 so I cannot use default port 2003. There is no option to change the port unfortunately...

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You could try taking the cue from the syslog server setting:
1652102751893.png

Herman Eggink

Explorer
Guess what: I tried but it just takes that entire string as the hostname and still tries to open port 2003 :-( :smile:.

LarsR

Guru
you could also try to map the hostport 2003 to a random container port >9000, e.g. 9003

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You could use the TrueCharts app for Traefik and set up the desired port there or use a custom service app to point at it.

Herman Eggink

Explorer
You could use the TrueCharts app for Traefik and set up the desired port there or use a custom service app to point at it.
Could you provide me with more insight as to how I could achieve that? In some shape or form, I would need to redirect the 2003 traffic into the docker container. Something would need to listen on 2003 and I don't see how I can select that port anywhere since pirts can only start from 9000.

Herman Eggink

Explorer
you could also try to map the hostport 2003 to a random container port >9000, e.g. 9003
How would that work? The container runs influx, grafana and a couple of other components all needing some mapping of ports.

sretalla