Caddy on TrueNAS SCALE port management

manzomanze

Dabbler
I've started to use TrueNAS SCALE a couple of days ago to test it out and do some experimenting, i was wondering how to make caddy work if i can't directly access the 80 and 443 ports of the node from the caddy docker container.
One idea was to just use some 9000+ ports and port forward those directly from the router but the software of the sky fiber router is terrible, it only allows port forwards from internal port to the same port number outside therefore if i'm using a high 9000+ port caddy will not be able to communicate to get the certificates as far as i know.

My knowledge on these topics is incomplete so i could be glossing over some basic concepts.

The system is an HP Z420
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 4000]
Regards manzomanze

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You should probably be using Traefik for that now.

Maybe you would put caddy in front of Traefik for reverse proxy if you didn't want to do that directly with Traefik.

manzomanze

Dabbler

Maybe you would put caddy in front of Traefik for reverse proxy if you didn't want to do that directly with Traefik.
Thanks!, i'm going to take a look into traefik then i',ve also just learned of the community applications for 21.04 and traefik is in there so i'm going to take a look into it

manzomanze

Dabbler

I wanted to get back to you that i was able to set up traefik with the whole radarr sonarr jackett plex and jellyfin, for Trunas SCALE to be in alpha it is quite a marvel, thanks again for the reply

nanopete

Dabbler
I wanted to get back to you that i was able to set up traefik with the whole radarr sonarr jackett plex and jellyfin, for Trunas SCALE to be in alpha it is quite a marvel, thanks again for the reply
Can I ask how you achieved that? I have done what you can do with the standard SCALE guide and Truecharts quick guide, e.g. the official Truecharts.
But that gives you a very locked setup, with a lot of hidden magic. I've been told I will not be able to change Traefik configuration with the Truecharts.
So I think I would rather go around Truecharts and do "Custom Application"/"Launch Docker Images", but I haven't found any howto/guides in here for something in that direction.
There is a lot of firsts in doing that, coming from iocage and CORE.