Truenas scale migration

derekgaro

Cadet
I am trying to migrate from one server to another. I have upload my original truenas configuration file and set up a replication task to copy the data. Everything looks good on the new server besides the fact when I go to the apps selection, none of my apps are there. When I try to re-download apps I get the below error message.

[EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 426, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 461, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1186, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1318, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 397, in do_create await self.middleware.call('kubernetes.validate_k8s_setup') File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1386, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 504, in validate_k8s_setup raise CallError(error) middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Kubernetes service is not running.

and a seperate error in the notifications tab

Configuring...​

Error: [EFAULT] Command mount -t zfs 'main storage/ix-applications/k3s/kubelet' /var/lib/kubelet failed (code 1): filesystem 'main storage/ix-applications/k3s/kubelet' cannot be mounted using 'mount'. Use 'zfs set mountpoint=legacy' or 'zfs mount main storage/ix-applications/k3s/kubelet'. See zfs(8) for more information.
close

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Oh, you tried to replicate the data over? I'm not sure all those storage/ix-applications datasetsts have snapshots on them that will have the data replicate properly... You can try going to Apps -> Settings -> Unset Pool, remove that storage/ix-applications dataset and then go back to Apps -> Settings -> Choose Pool to force it to re-init the Apps.

But before you do that, it may be worthwhile to open a ticket for us with a debug attached. This type of migration is something we may need to look further into to see how to better handle.