SOLVED TrueNAS Scale Clean Install Apps hang at “deploying”

kranzel

Explorer
Hello all,

I am having troubles installing applications from the “apps” section. When I try installing any app, it just sits at deploying. The logs just show all items “exiting” with a signal 15.

This is the first time I am doing this as I am new to scale.

History:
I have been running FreeNS/TrueNas core for years. Actually, over a decade. J Last week I decided to take the plunge and move to scale as I wanted to use the new applications/container designs.

To perform the change, I made a backup of my current TrueNas 13.x install. It was the latest stable release, don’t remember the number right now. I then performed a “clean” install of TrueNas Scale as I had previously been on USB drives and was switching to newly installed SSD’s. After the install, I uploaded my config and everything seemed to look alright. With the exception of one pool. It wouldn’t mount properly. After some reasearch, it looked like it might be due to the age of the pool and a lack of a GuiD. Exporting and importing the pools fixed that issue.

Next, I went to apps and tried to install SabnzbD. However, it would just sit at “deploying”. I tried a few other items and all are the same.

I have configured the apps default pool and the “app services running” option is green. I made no other changes.
  • Confirmed no “shared” paths conflict with the apps. IE: the “apps” data set is sitting on my “ark/ix-applications” and the two other data sets I have are “ark/Media” and “ark/General”. Shares are setup for “Media” and “General”. So I don’t think the host path issue applies.
  • I have 2.7TB on “ark”, which is the pool I have selected for apps.
Anyone have any ideas or something I am missing?

Current System
OS Version:TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.0.1
Product:Super Server
Model:Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v5 @ 3.40GHz
Memory:63 GiB
Pool1: 2 x 6disk VDEV in RaidZ2
Pool2: 1 x 2disk VDEV Mirrored

Attachments

• IMG_2939.jpeg
    IMG_2939.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 223

kranzel

Explorer
Adding the log output from an attempted SabnzbD install.

Attachments

• Sab Errors.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 92

kranzel

Explorer
After a bunch of digging around, the resolution I cam up with was to remove the second NCI I had installed. Both NIC's were on the same network, and the Kube cluster was set to use the second NIC specifically. However, it conitnued to failed. I tried the "first" nic, but same problem.

Once I unplugged the network cable from the second NIC and rebooted the server. Everything deploys fine now.

I never had this issue under TrueNas Core, but things are working now.

ntbone

Cadet
I am running into the same issue. Was it sufficient to simply unplug the network cable? If you plug it in after they are deployed will they stills tall out? My NAS is setup on two different networks. A 1G network that is exposed to the internet and a 10G network that is isolated. Disabling or removing a network adapter permanently is not going to work.

ntbone

Cadet
I am running into the same issue. Was it sufficient to simply unplug the network cable? If you plug it in after they are deployed will they stills tall out? My NAS is setup on two different networks. A 1G network that is exposed to the internet and a 10G network that is isolated. Disabling or removing a network adapter permanently is not going to work.
I got mine working. I had to set the main 1G ethernet to have a fixed IP. I reset the settings for Apps to the default, wiped out the apps I had and did a reboot. This seemed to resolve my issue and apps no longer hang and install without issue.