TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.0.1 - NFS Nested mount not working

hpeter94

Cadet
Hello.
Yesterday i updated from RC1, to the current release and my nfs mounts went crazy. Before the update i only had to mount the root of the pool, and all the sub-datasets were automounted on demand.
But after the update only the pool root is visible, cant access any datasets.

I have managed to fix the problem with manually addig the "crossmnt" option to the /etc/exports file, but i'm certain this is not the intended way, (and not permament).

Is this an intended change from RC to RELEASE, or i managed to mess something up? What can i do to make this "fix" permanent?

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello.
Yesterday i updated from RC1, to the current release and my nfs mounts went crazy. Before the update i only had to mount the root of the pool, and all the sub-datasets were automounted on demand.
But after the update only the pool root is visible, cant access any datasets.

I have managed to fix the problem with manually addig the "crossmnt" option to the /etc/exports file, but i'm certain this is not the intended way, (and not permament).

Is this an intended change from RC to RELEASE, or i managed to mess something up? What can i do to make this "fix" permanent?

The Migration from RC1 to Release include a major NFS change from ganesha to kernel. This was needed for both stability and performance.
The release version still includes some NFS bugs that will be addressed in U1.

Any progress on this? I'm migrating from old NAS4Free/XigmaNAS 12.2.0.4 to Scale 22.04, and the only way I can get nested mounts working is the crossmnt in /etc/exports, which is obviously not very permanent.

It works fine on the old system, but I'm not sure why, and poking too hard would break something. The old system's /etc/exports file is simply:
Code:
V4: /mnt/tank -network 192.168.1.0/24

This is very different to what TrueNAS generates:
Code:
"/mnt/tank"\
        *(sec=sys,rw,anonuid=1000,anongid=31,all_squash,no_subtree_check)

The old system is mounting the pool directly as the NFS root, which might be related - but I can't find out how to emulate that in the Scale UI.

Thoughts? Would be nice to have an 'other mount options' box so that I could just throw `crossmnt` in there.