SOLVED TrueNAS lost access to shares after jail pool @ 100%

Robert Townsend

Dabbler
For some reason Plex jail expanded to fill the iocage pool [very strange since I have very little video, just music]. I get errors that upgrades fail due to no space on drive. After a reboot the jails don't start up. Now my Windows and TimeMachine shares cannot be accessed.
I'm installing a 240G SSD [system does not see it, so that's another wrinkle] and am planning on one of two fixes [to the jails.] They are

1) Pointing the Plex jail to a pool on the new SSD, or
2) Moving the iocage to the new SSD

Any comments on why the shares cannot be accessed? The system boot NVME, has 14 of 16G free.

Robert Townsend

Dabbler
Well, I added a mirrored SSD dataset and copied the 'Plex Media Server' to it. After deleting the original folder I created a mount point to the new data source. I can list the data folders/files from the Plex jails folder system so the mount worked. The jail started and the system thinks everything is fine.

Good News - I got my file shares back
Bad News - The Plex Server is nonresponsive to web access to it's IP address

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Try moving the system dataset to the new pool.

Robert Townsend

Dabbler
I deleted the jail and resinstalled it (plex beta). I then set a mount point, Plex Media Server, that points to the SSD dataset from the old jail. After a restart it worked. The jail pool now uses only 5G of 80G. I'm rebuilding the Plex database and reloading the meta data.

Robert Townsend

Dabbler
Try moving the system dataset to the new pool.
That makes sense, it was on the jail pool. I guess running out of pool space would mess the system up. I did not move it but moving PlexServer data off the jail pool freed up plenty of room.