TRUENAS CORE SHUTDOWN AUTOMATICALLY

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
Hello please should be informed , that we have a truenas core deployed this month and we have data users there ,but the server it shutdown automatically how we can diagnostic this probleme .the server is connected to a UPS.

truenas-UNI01.local had an unscheduled system reboot. The operating system successfully came back online at Fri Mar 24 04:40:07 2023.
2023-03-24 04:40:07 (America/Los_Angeles)
Dismiss

is there a solution for this case ?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
What do the logs in /var/log show? Look at console.log*, messages*, and ups.log.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
Thanks Samiel Tai for your response , on Monday i will try to startup the Truenas core server and i will post the tail/queue of the log files
console.log*, messages*, and ups.log.

Samuel Tai

Please don't paste those logs in full here. Remember, this is a public forum, and those logs could contain sensitive information from your environment. Excerpts with relevant info for your issue are better, and have a higher signal-to-noise ratio.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
so i need someone to analyse with me the content of logs can i send it to u in private ?

Samuel Tai

No, please don't send me your logs, thank you. I would rather not assume the liability of securing them on your terms.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
That is allright is there someone who could help ? Especially we are new for this solution and it is en production

Samuel Tai

Why are you running TrueNAS in production if you don't know how to administer it and recover from faults? It may serve you better to move that data to a platform with which you have greater familiarity.

RMAZOUZI

Explorer
We are running trunas because it is a reliable solution which provide more stability Fortunately we have another system which synchronised with the main server using rsync but I want to know why it shut-down automatically
I need to know the root cause which trigger this event and this is the rule of collaborations and work teams because one person is unable to solv all issues that is why I come here to this great community