Blog TrueNAS 12.0 Reaches Prime Time

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame

da_da

Explorer
Just updated to U3 and see the CPU and Memory spinning wheel... I tested it in FF, Brave and Chrome all showing the same spinning wheel.

updated the themes and reset the preferences and made no difference.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I guess a U3.1 is called for :wink:

Philip Robar

Contributor
After upgrading I lost access to the GUI (I tried multiple browsers on macOS and Linux) and Guest access to all of my SMB shares stopped working. I had to rollback from the console.

CHL

Dabbler
Just rolled back to U2.1 - could not export pools in U3 (I do some manual backups from time to time to external drives). So I just tried to export my main-pool what also resulted in an error. Sorry.... U3.1 will have to come :smile:

q/pa

Explorer
All good here.

davidjb

Cadet
After upgrading I lost access to the GUI (I tried multiple browsers on macOS and Linux) and Guest access to all of my SMB shares stopped working. I had to rollback from the console.

I also lost access to SMB upon moving to U3. All my shares, still present in the TrueNAS GUI, were lost/unknown to samba:

Code:
% smbclient -U user //127.0.0.1/home
Enter WORKGROUP\user password:
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
% smbclient -U user -L 127.0.0.1
Enter WORKGROUP\user's password:
        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (NAS Server)

My various shares, including the one I tried to connect to first up were missing. Tried restarting, restarting samba_server and no luck. Was just about to rollback to U2.1 but I went and edited all shares one-by-one, resaving without making any changes, and this brought them back and visible to smbclient. Haven't yet rebooted to check if this fix persists.