Truecommand template for proxmox?

oldman66

Cadet
Hello everyone.

First, I´m impressed with Truenas Core, I have one small box with latest verion and I just love it
Asl a senior citizen I use my time at home to learn new things. I installed virtual box and learned the basics and it could have been fun to get truecommand to work since I have a small truenas core for storage. But no can go. Truecommand gives me so much grief that after a few months and several hundred errors I gave up. I had an old dell desktop so I installed proxmox and tied to get truecommand on that thing. But no go. It there some way to import truecommand as an template in proxmox? or an ISO ?
I know that Truecommand is for the enterprise world so I think it´s just common sense that IX systems make images for enterprise hypervisors that by the way I can´t get hold of.

Proxmox on the other hand is free for private use and I´m just started to learn the basics. Well, I managed to crash a VM so bad that it locked up proxmox to a fe ww times. But it´s just good old fun.

Would there be an proxmox template for Truecommand? Or maybe some clever person have such or any clue to get me started?

Many thanks

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Use a Linux VM of your choice and Docker to deploy TrueCommand. That's the supported way. docker-compose is fairly simple to setup.

Last edited:

aervin

iXsystems
iXsystems
@oldman66 We're here to help if you ever need. Thanks for telling us about your issue.

@Patrick M. Hausen 's advice is solid: TrueCommand can be deployed in seconds, so long as the platform is running Docker. We once supported ISOs for direct VM deployment, but supporting all the VM platforms was not... easy. Instead, it makes more sense for us to publish Docker images and let the hypervisor admins craft their own ISOs. Here, I run occasional tests on an Ubuntu 20.04 VM which has Docker installed.

Let us know how we can help.

Murrmanone

Cadet
Hello everyone.

First, I´m impressed with Truenas Core, I have one small box with latest verion and I just love it
Asl a senior citizen I use my time at home to learn new things. I installed virtual box and learned the basics and it could have been fun to get truecommand to work since I have a small truenas core for storage. But no can go. Truecommand gives me so much grief that after a few months and several hundred errors I gave up. I had an old dell desktop so I installed proxmox and tied to get truecommand on that thing. But no go. It there some way to import truecommand as an template in proxmox? or an ISO ?
I know that Truecommand is for the enterprise world so I think it´s just common sense that IX systems make images for enterprise hypervisors that by the way I can´t get hold of.

Proxmox on the other hand is free for private use and I´m just started to learn the basics. Well, I managed to crash a VM so bad that it locked up proxmox to a fe ww times. But it´s just good old fun.

Would there be an proxmox template for Truecommand? Or maybe some clever person have such or any clue to get me started?

Many thanks

Hi, I am running True Command in Proxmox... I'm not the best at posting but I have created somewhere on this forum some instructions I used to get it going using Docker under Proxmox.... The only problem I am having right now is I have to restart the service every couple or few days ino rder to log into it? So have a look at my other posts and perhaps the instructions I used will help!
Dont Give Up
Never Surrender :cool: