Transmission watch folder pernission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emegra

Dabbler
Hi everyone
I set up a jail pbi for transmission by following a video clip given to me on a previous post and I think everything went ok I managed to install the jail and the transmission pbi and everything looks ok, however my problem is transmission has set the watch folder as /usr/pbi/transmission-i386/etc/transmission/home/Downloads which is within the jail , but if I try to put a torrent inside that folder I'm told permission denied, can anyone hazard a guess what I may have done wrong or any step I might have missed, Any tutorial I've looked at seems to assume everyone has a zfs raid configuration which I dont have, I used transmission with version 7 and it was a breeze to set up but this pbi thing seems much more complicated for an average user like myself, I'm not particularly computer literate but I can follow instructions if they're given in plain English, any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Graeme

Emegra

Dabbler
Further to my last post I mounted 2 folders one outside the jail one inside the jail, the folder outside the jail is to be the folder I download torrents into and the folder inside the jail is the watch folder for transmission, I created a testfile in the outside folder(source) from the shell and it copied it automatically into the watch folder inside the jail so it seems that works, but the the problem with permissions remains, I cannot copy a file into the source directory, when I try to paste a torrent file into the source directory I'm told permission denied, the same happens if I try to paste a file directly into the watch folder inside the jail, as far as the source directory is concerned I can paste into the parent directory no problem, I hope I've explained this ok but if there is any information you think may help please let me know, any help anyone can offer me would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.