Transmission/ownCloud issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

favas

Cadet
Hi everyone!
New to FreeNAS! I had been using for the past few another similar OS, but I decided it was time to try FreeNAS.

On my previous NAS4Free setup, I had been using Plex, Transmission and ownCloud, and they were all working just fine.
Now on FreeNAS, I unfortunatelly have some issues, which could be related to the fact that I am unfamiliar with this OS.

ownCloud
I installed ownCloud using the Plugin manager. I then went to https://192.168.1.21 (local IP of my onwCloud server), and I set up some thing I wanted to.
The problem I have, is that when I try to connect through my Android app, I get a "SSL initialization failed" error, which prohibits me from accessing my files.
I spent some time searching on the Internet, but to be honest, I couldn't figure out how to fix this.
When on NAS4Free, I was using selfprovided certificate (everything was working fine with this), but now I am using the default one.

I'd like also to know, which is the default port that ownCloud (192.168.1.21:XX) runs.

Transmission
Once, again, I installed Transmission using the Plugin manager.
The problem here is that I get a "Permission Denied" error whenever I try to download something.
Here's how I set this plugin up.
I created a Datasheet on my Data volume (mnt/Data/torrents), and gave full permissions to owner (root) group (wheel) others.
After reading a FreeNAS wiki, I changed some directories on Transmission settings like this

but unfortunately, the error is still there.

I know that these errors may be common or already replied, but I even though I searched, I couldn't find anything that could help me fix them.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

favas

Cadet
Sorry for double post.
Found the answer to my owncloud issues, which were based on a fault of mine... All I had to do, was forward the traffic to port 443 (https) of owncloud. On my previous setup, when I installed the onwcloud server, you had to choose (during installation process) the desired port.

Still have issues with Transmission though.
If I leave the default directory (/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads) as is, everything works fine. But I want the torrents to be downloaded outside the jail (if possible) on a CIFS shared directory, so that they can be accessed by the PCs on the network.

D

dlavigne

If I leave the default directory (/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads) as is, everything works fine. But I want the torrents to be downloaded outside the jail (if possible) on a CIFS shared directory, so that they can be accessed by the PCs on the network.

You need to add a storage. Read that section carefully as the tricky part is getting the permissions on the storage correct.

favas

Cadet
Hi @dlavigne and thanks for your reply!

I had tried to do that (set mnt/Data/torrents as source folder), but since Transmission's default directory is /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads, when I try to give this link Destination datasheet, i get a "The full path cannot exceed 88 characters" error. On another guide I read, I saw that I had to stop Transmission, edit /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/settings.json (change umask from '18' to '0'), but for some reason, this is not working for me.

/mnt/Data/torrents has already full permisisons (owner=root, group=wheel) cause I want this folder not only to be the destination directory for Transmission, but I also want it to be shared (CIFS) on my local network. I guess there permissions are more than enough for Transmission, right?

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

[QUOTE]I had tried to do that (set mnt/Data/torrents as source folder), but since Transmission's default directory is /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/Downloads, when I try to give this link Destination datasheet, i get a "The full path cannot exceed 88 characters" error. [/QUOTE]

It's worth creating a bug report at bugs.freenas.org asking that the default foldername isn't so far in to prevent it hitting the 88char limit. If you do, post the issue number here.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@favas instead of mounting your storage where transmission downloads by default, instead mount it to /mnt/data in the jail.
then just change transmission's Download directory.

this gives you a shorter path and you're no longer mounting ontop of where the pbi is installed which can cause issues when updating pbi's

Status
Not open for further replies.