Tool (Windows) to sync FreeNAS folders to local disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

chbla

Explorer
Hi there,

I add all my new photos (raw) to a folder on my new FreeNAS machine.
However, if I want to start processing (lightroom/photoshop) them, network access is too slow.

I therefore would like to have the following:

1. Be able to quickly select a folder that is synced to my local SSD.
2. Work on the local files and have them synced to FreeNAS (realtime)
3. After processing, remove the folder from sync again.

Can anyone recommend me a tool/way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

chbla

Explorer
Thanks - I had a look at those but they don't seem to be suitable for the job. Complicated interface, not really quick to use.

I then searched and found GoodSync which seems to be much better for this purpose.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Thanks - I had a look at those but they don't seem to be suitable for the job. Complicated interface, not really quick to use.

I then searched and found GoodSync which seems to be much better for this purpose.
I'm interested to know what is complicated about setting up the sync one time and never touching it again?

chbla

Explorer
As I wrote in my initial post where I outlined the workflow I want to change this quickly, and not "never touch it again".

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
As I wrote in my initial post where I outlined the workflow I want to change this quickly, and not "never touch it again".
But why would you be removing the synced folder all the time?

Just setup syncthing to sync your work folder and go about your work. Perhaps you should better explain this workflow of yours.

chbla

Explorer
I only want to sync the folder I work on, I don't have a 4TB SSD, the space is limited.
I work on this folder for a while, then complete it and don't need it synced.

Status
Not open for further replies.