Timestamp problem : one hour ahead in future

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64 (e625626) server running, that share its data over CIFS. remote access is done through SFTP. Timestamps of files are completely messed up. File copied over sftp to the NAS received a timestamp based on date of copy. Moreover, although the NAS has correct date and time settings, and the time zone is set correctly, files copied to it, get a time stamp that is one hour ahead of current time inn the time zone.
Where does this go wrong?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Is the client machine keeping accurate time?

Yes it is. Moreover, it happens on all 4 machines that can access the FreeNAS remotely, in the exact same way. These machines run independent from each other, but all have correct date and time settings. Something must be wrong on the FreeNAS server itself. I can add that it makes no difference how you approach the machine remotely (ie which sftp client you use). We have seen it with Filezilla, with Netdrive and Expandrive.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You are in violation of temporal causality law #2122. Please remain calm and someone will be at your residence shortly to confiscate the gear and ask you a few... questions.

:) . I saw the future, and it looked bright.
Seriously, we have found, we believe, the root issue. The Netdrive client had a recent updates that seems to have messed up sftp access completely. And the messing up stayed present as long as the drive was mapped by Netdrive. It would affect timestamps of files uploaded through Filezilla on the same machines as well.
A fix they released today, has not solved it. We tried Webdrive on one of the machines (removed Netdrive first and rebooted), and we do not have the issue for the moment.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Netdrive.. that scares the heck out of me..

I used Webdrive about 10 years ago. It worked very well back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.