Thin provisioned (sparse) VM/zvol not shrinking in size upon trimming

Turnspit

Dabbler
My thin provisioned (sparse) zvol does not free up space upon trimming from inside the allocated VM, but is blowing up in size further and further. At around 100GB used by the VM, the zvol has already reached 145GB and keeps on growing.

Is this some kind of known bug, is there some kind of workaround, or may I have missed a specific setting?

I'm currently running 22.12.2, not having upgraded yet to .3 since I've read that there are some PCI-passthrough issues with but, but nonetheless haven't read anything in the changelog about this specific issue anyway.

View attachment ekv595wnn45b1.webp
View attachment rafib3wn2n45b1.webp
View attachment xcje56wnn45b1.webp
View attachment e2dk41wnn45b1.webp

Attachments

• rafib3wnn45b1.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 84

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please take a few moments to review the Forum Rules, conveniently linked at the top of every page in red, and pay particular attention to the section on how to formulate a useful problem report, especially including a detailed description of your hardware, your pool layout, and your zvol configuration.

You've basically given no one anything to work with, so the responses will tend to be random guesses rather than anything useful.