The "volume status" never show up at the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfou

Cadet
It was probably a bad idea to use a previous 2y old thread to ask, so I'm creating a new thread instead with my question.

Using 9.10, when going to Volumes -> Show Volumes, when selecting a volume, the "volume status" button never show up at the bottom. I even upgraded FreeNAS to 9.10 in the hope it would show up but it does not.

I know I could probably do this on the command line, but by searching intensively on the forum for an answer to this, I was led to believe that the GUI do not sync itself to the system, but rather the system is sync to the GUI/DB... in a nutshell, don't do it from the shell.

So, how can I detach a disk from a zpool through the GUI???

In the screencap, I would expect by selecting my volume to see a drop down of the disks attached to it. Is the DB broken? Am I navigating the interface wrong?

Thank you.

PS. I'm attempting to offline/detach disks from a raidz1 pool and then attach/online/resilver bigger disks 1-by-1 and then resize the available space to 100%.

Attachments

• Capture du 2018-02-04 12-34-34.png
    Capture du 2018-02-04 12-34-34.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 216

danb35

Hall of Famer
...and you already have the answer on the other thread (though may not have when you posted this)--you aren't seeing the button because you don't have a ZFS volume.

gorfou

Cadet
...and you already have the answer on the other thread (though may not have when you posted this)--you aren't seeing the button because you don't have a ZFS volume.

Yeah, I have a clear lack of experience with FreeNAS and will have to study how it present the information in the GUI. I did an assumption that the volume in the display was 1:1 equivalent to the freenas-boot volume in ZFS. A simple df made it all clearer to me.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.