The forums aren't up at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Dabbler
I've been trying to get onto the forums at night and they don't come up... is this planned?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
What time is 'night' for you? I am on central time zone and it works for me until around 1 when I go to bed

Sent from my Nexus 5

Rocky

Dabbler
Interesting - I can't get in anytime after 5 PM Mountain - I tried at 7:30 AM the last few days and unable to get in - but after 8 AM works fine... this is true of both work and home.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
It's definitely working after 5pm your time. Sounds like DNS issues or routing issues

Sent from my Nexus 5

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Normally it should be up. But some people like to do things to the forum at night per USA time zones or during business hours. They shouldn't normally be down for too long.

gpsguy

If you have a smartphone check the forum using your data plan (not wifi).

You might try changing your DNS entires to use opendns as a test.

Sent from my phone

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Do you use the same ISP for work as your home? Do the networks at both locations use the ISP DNS? Try this website tonight http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and see if forums.freenas.org is down or if its just you. I am willing to bet money on it being a DNS issue. You need to point to OpenDNS as gpsguy mentioned, or use Google's DNS for your router to do lookups. I can assure you the forums dont get turned off overnight every night. I cant think of the last time the forums were actually down for any reason, so you have a problem either on your end or between you and the datacenter the website is hosted.

Rocky

Dabbler
I'll try the suggestions on DNS servers (I don't have a smartphone) - at home we use Centurylink - at work it's Optimum (or whatever the current name is - used to be Bresnan - at any rate it's a cable company).

Rocky

Dabbler
Interesting - it's still behaving same way. It's not a DNS problem as I changed to Opendns.org with same result. It's not a local network problem as it's a home network and nothing changes on configuration... definitely a network problem within Centurylink as far as I can tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.