Mohave_steve

Dabbler
Hello All,

I am looking at the following hardware for my production FreeNAS box:

Supermicro SYS-5026T Server
http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/5026/SYS-5026T-T.cfm

6 - Samsung 2TB drives:
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB SATA

I have read here that the early production Samsung drives has a firmware bug that has been resolved. From what I can find these drives look suitable. Comments?

It looks like the Intel 85274 LAN is supported. This server is equiped with 85274L. Same thing? Drivers OK?

Similar question on the SATA controller? ICH10 is supported. This server is equiped with the ICH10R. Input?

Thank you all for sharing your knowlege.

Steve

luciorivas

Cadet
Hello Mohave_steve,

Are you running the FreeNas on your Supermicro BOX?? How it works?
I want to build a FreeNas with a Supermicro Box too and i would like to know if it works for you?

Thank You

Mohave_steve

Dabbler
Yes I am running that config. Unfortunately with issues. I don't know taht the issues are specific to my config or just "bugs" in FreeNAS.

I am running ZFS2 with 6 - 2tb Samsung drives. I broke the array into multiple partitions. The partitions that I use as VMWare Datastores appear to work fine but the ones that I connect to from Windows boxes using Microstuffs iSCSI connector suffer repeated data corruption.

I am currently only able tu use this machine as a "playground" as it is not stable or supportable enough for production.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.