Storage space issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie86

Explorer
Hi,

I am running FreeNAS-11.1-U1

5x3TB in RaidZ

I have 719GB free space so I am getting warning that 90% of storage is used. Today I delete about 0.8TB but system is still on warning of 90% used space. And even I storage tab it still shows only 719GB of free space.

How can I fix that, I try to reboot server but that did not solve problem.

Thank you.

Dice

Wizard
Do you snapshot?

Charlie86

Explorer
In snapshot tab there is 550 pages of snapshots. I am greenhorn so I do not know what to do with them,.. :) Do I need to use them or just delete it?

danb35

Hall of Famer
In snapshot tab there is 550 pages of snapshots.
There's your problem. You can manually delete them, just wait for them to expire, add more storage, or run a script to delete all the automatic snapshots. In the latter case, the script would look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for std in `zfs list -H -o name -t snapshot | grep -- '@auto-'`
do
	echo "zfs destroy $std"
	zfs destroy $std
done

Charlie86

Explorer
Hi thank you both. Deleted all snapshots and now I am at 1.8GB of free space. If I understand correctly snapshot is something like time machine in OS X world. So you can restore data, that was already deleted?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Also, where did I "lose" space in screenshot below?
http://doc.freenas.org/11/storage.html#view-volumes
Note that in this example, there are two datasets named volume1. The first represents the ZFS pool and its Used and Available entries reflect the total size of the pool, including disk parity. The second represents the implicit or root dataset and its Used and Available entries indicate the amount of disk space available for storage.
Edit: And please don't use outside image hosting services--just paste the image into your post, or use the Upload a File button at the bottom.

leenux_tux

Patron
Hi,

I am running FreeNAS-11.1-U1

5x3TB in RaidZ

I have 719GB free space so I am getting warning that 90% of storage is used. Today I delete about 0.8TB but system is still on warning of 90% used space. And even I storage tab it still shows only 719GB of free space.

How can I fix that, I try to reboot server but that did not solve problem.

Thank you.
Check snapshots if you have them. I got caught out a few times with these, kinda like "hidden" space usage. You don't really see it in the GUI.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.