Name Status Components
mirror/swap0 DEGRADED da3p1 (ACTIVE)
mirror/swap1 COMPLETE da2p1 (ACTIVE)
da1p1 (ACTIVE)

-- End of daily output --

What does this mean? I don't see any bad sectors on my four drives in mirror

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
That is about the swap space. A reboot will fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
What is da3pi and da2pi
From the graphic you posted, the names of your disk drives are da0, da1, da2, and da3. The p1 (not pi) is the partition that is used by FreeNAS for swap space. There is another partition, p2 which is where your ZFS data is stored. The drive (or drives) that are dropping out of the gmirror must be going offline for some reason. The ZFS system will automatically restore the mirror without even telling you if a drive is momentarily unavailable and comes back. The gmirror system isn't that smart. It will stay degraded until you fix it and the easy way to fix it is to reboot.
This is something that should only happen on rare occasions and you should know why.
If it is happening frequently and you don't know why, you should investigate because you are having some hardware problem that is making the drive unavailable to the system, which breaks the mirror, and then you get notified. If the drive is available and working when you check it, that means it is an intermittent fault. You might try replacing the data cable between the drive and the interface. Some people have had bad SATA cables cause issues.
It might be helpful if you gave a full rundown on the hardware you are using for this system.

rangopango

Contributor
Supermicro x10slm-f
2x8GB Crucial ECC
4x8TB Ironwolf
Dell H310
E3-1225 v3

I rebooted it, is there a command to check if it's still degraded?

Last edited:

PhilipS

Contributor

rangopango

Contributor
appears to be solved

Name Status Components
mirror/swap0 COMPLETE da3p1 (ACTIVE)
da2p1 (ACTIVE)
mirror/swap1 COMPLETE da1p1 (ACTIVE)
da0p1 (ACTIVE)

Status