SSL Certificate verify Error during Update

MjSmith

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

im totally new in the world of (True)NAS. I decided to start with a selfbuild NAS with Scale as OS.
After the fresh Installation, getting into all Settings, set up the Pool i decided to test the Update function as well and i noticed there was no train option available.

i got this error message:
1675464019356.png

After googling a bit i found some things to evaluate...

Nameservers: Correct and working well (FritzBox Modem)
Ping Google: Worked
Download a File from HTTPS: Failed 'wget https://update.freenas.org/FreeNAS/trains.txt' (Source)
1675464301386.png

1675464780706.png

Am i missing something?
Scale brought a self signed certificate with it which is valid until Sep 2023 ...

System:
CPU: AMD 4650G
RAM: 32GB ECC
Motherbord: Biostar B550T-Silver ( NIC Realtek RTL8125B )
Boot Pool: NVME2 SSD

Thanks everyone for help!

danb35

Hall of Famer

MjSmith

Dabbler
I checked that before but yeah ... the obvious answer is mostly the correct one ... bios time was a bit async ... isnt there a service as in windows where linux update also the bios time?

danb35

Hall of Famer
isnt there a service as in windows where linux update also the bios time?
Well, the BIOS time really isn't that relevant; what matters is the system time, but yes, there is such a service. I've seen some threads indicating trouble with this on SCALE, though it isn't something I've experienced.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
isnt there a service as in windows where linux update also the bios time?

Yes, it's hwclock, which should be called on startup. However, you'll also want to run ntpq to verify you're getting a good NTP sync to your system clock. Note, your BIOS clock should be set to GMT.

MjSmith

Dabbler
Bios to GMT? Interesting ...

after a while now it seems again async ... thanks for that information! i will try it ... however im not very happy with that board either ... cant disable audio and so on ( first biostar board) so perhaps i change that too anyway :).