SOLVED SpiderOak reconnecting too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmk

Dabbler
Anyone else having issues with their SpiderOak jail? Mine failed in December and has not worked since.. I get an error of "Status: Reconnecting too fast. Waiting..." when I try to start in batch mode (or in headless) and it just hangs... Hopfully this is just me and I need to rebuild spideroak.

So is everyone else running ok?

kmk

Dabbler
Ok for anyone interested, not many seeing as I found this on the 4th page, but for the other guy searching and finding this, turns out it was a corruption issue on the device, I had to do the following:

1.) Stop all other instances of SpiderOak on any other devices on the LAN. 2.) Remove the SpiderOak config directory from the device with the issue ~/.config/SpiderOakONE
3. Re-setup SpiderOak with a new device. Don't remove your old one from your account, as when it goes to re-upload all your files it will see the duplication and sync with the server as appropriate.

This seems to have resolved the issue for now, I had to jump through some hoops for tech support including upgrading to 7.0.1 after the upgrade the same issue existed so I don't think that was the true cause. But I'm glad to have my files backing up again.

kmk

Dabbler
Update after following the instructions above it re-synced with SpiderOak and then came to halt again, same error, Connecting to fast...

I sent tech support the logs for the re-sync and it turns out that my account is corrupt. Only thing they can do is have me create a new account with the old one being deleted. They can't move over the files from the old to the new so I have to re-upload everything. yay. That is quite painful on this DSL connection with a blazing 680Kbps up, and I have some files in SpiderOak that the device no longer exists, so I have 3 mos. to download everything I need before the old account is dissolved.

I was looking at my backups and thinking I needed to sort things out a bit, remove old devices etc, but it looks like spring cleaning came early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.