SMB Share for Windows 10 not working

CSLNZ

Cadet
Dear community!

I'm pretty new to TrueNAS but leverage on decades of experience of samba with debian. But now I reached the point where I don't know what to do next.

My Notebook:
  • A company Active Directory Joined Windows 10 (Build 1914)
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\lmcompatibilitylevel=1 (uses NTLMv2, if possible )
My TrueNAS
  • TrueNAS Version: 12.0 (Build 20th October 2020)
  • Running on an ESXi Host
  • NAS Running with 64GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I'd like to have a separate user for every family member with home and common (music, videos, pictures, etc.) directories

What I have done:
  • On a fresh installation, I've created my "test" user
  • Created the pool include dataset 'music'
  • added ACL Item for my test user with full control
  • Created a Share with 'music'
Normally it should work to establish a connection to the share from a windows 10 client with net use z: \\<ip>\music /user:test test
But that works not in my case. I get allways an [B]System error 86[/B] has occurred. The specified password is not correct.

check the smb log with log level = 1 auth_audit:5 I got the following output every time
Code:
  Auth: [SMB2, (null)] user []\[test] at [Wed, ...] with [NTLMv1] status [NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD]
workstation [<mynotebook>] remote host [ipv4:<ip>:52806] mapped to []\[test]. local host [ipv4...]

when I do the same from my private notebook with windows 10 or windows 7 it works without any issues and looks like
Code:
  Auth: [SMB2, (null)] user []\[test] at [Wed, ...] with [NTLMv2] status [NT_STATUS_OK]
workstation [<mynotebook2>] remote host [ipv4:<ip>:52806] became [TRUENAS]\[test] [S-1 ....].
local host [ipv4...]
  Successful authZ: [SMB2, NTLMSSP] user [TRUENAS]\[test] [S-1 ...]

I have now answer for that!

I've already tried following options
Code:
client ntlmv2 auth = yes
raw    NTLMv2 auth = yes

ntlm auth =    ntlmv2-only and ntlmv1-permitted and mschapv2-and-ntlmv2-only

Is there someone who's have an Idea who to proceed?

thanks in advance
Christoph