SMB/Dataset Root Lost

TheTamago

Cadet
Hello FreeNAS Supporters,

I am one of those newbie idiots that failed to setup a backup of my FreeNAS 11.8-U8 OS and the configuration. My single USB FD corrupted and I attempted to setup Dual USB FD in mirror mode and imported the Pool like I thought was simple as that. However, after I created the SMB share, I thought I could use the root account again. Sadly, I cannot get back to the root of dataset named /mnt/Igloo01. In my Pool, for Igloo01 I have the Anime dataset which is my primary archive as you can guess already. My FreeNAS was original on version 9.2 and I have been manually ugrading through the GUI every quarter. The FreeNAS is now on 11.3-U5.

1604823718770.png

Is there a way to get the User/Group for the SMB ACL permissions configured right in the SMB Share for the /mnt/Igloo01? I tried creating a guest user in a group called shared and I could not access the servername\Igloo01 without success.
1604824479660.png

Much Thanks,

TheTamago

TheTamago

Cadet
More Details of what I could find by searching deeper and deeper while I lose my head in this newer permission fudge.
1604983231174.png

1604983265144.png

1604983305140.png

I can see the Anime Folder but nothing else from the dataset and SMB Share
1604983384192.png

TheTamago

Cadet
Managed to use the Shell and move all the Folders off my root dataset /mnt/Igloo01 to the main share dataset /mnt/Igloo01/Anime with the mv source_dir target_dir command

Created the SAMBA share to /mnt/Igloo01/Anime and set the ACL to Open with my Igloo user account and guest group for the ACL recursive.
Guest Connections Allowed
I can now access the SAMBA at the root /mnt/Igloo01/ without any hiccups.
I will monitor this until the Weekend. SO WEIRD

sretalla